Monday 12 November 2012

Here we go again...

Saturday I struggled to find an outfit I felt happy in. Yesterday I spent all day hungover and lazing on my sofa, unable to go the gym as I felt too awful. This morning I got up and weighed myself and the results weren't pretty. The last couple of weeks spinning and gym workouts have been tough and not as enjoyable.

So today something finally clicked and I thought enough is enough. Yes, yet again I'm trying to get in shape.

I'm currently nearly a stone over the lowest weight I ever managed to get down to and I'm not happy.

Clothes seem more snug, my love of spinning has started to disappear as I find the class a struggle and my confidence is lacking, so much so I found myself thinking back to an old blog post today http://themelican.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/fat-girl-within.html

I'm annoyed with myself for getting to this stage yet again, so this morning my gym bag was packed and I decided to sort myself out.

Today I've had lots of water to drink (and non stop trips to the loo as a result!) to get me rehydrated again. I almost laughed at myself as I felt shocked how I felt so full drinking so much water and didn't need to keep snacking today.

I've had healthy food (well a cinnamon and raisin bagel for breakfast wasn't the best choice). Lunch was one and a half wholemeal pittas with a mini reduced fat houmos pot and a pack of cassava crackers. I snacked on grapes and strawberries, drank eight glasses of water and limited my coffee to two cups.

After work I went to the gym and did a 5k (and beat my time). Then on getting home I ate a dinner of salmon fillet, vegetables and sweet potato, with a big glass of orange juice. For afters I've had a cup of tea and a low fat chocolate yoghurt.

Yes, it is just the first day and this is going to be a struggle what with the festive season fast approaching, but little steps at a time for now...

I'm just pleased I've finally found my motivation! Now let's hope I get some good results, I'm going to try keep you posted to keep me on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment