Wednesday 21 November 2012

Day 10: germs and gyms

My office at work right now sounds like a doctor's surgery, everyone is coughing and sneezing.

I'm no exception I'm still full of germs, although I can speak and my cough is now not as tickly or regular.

I've been adamant I will stick to my plan regardless of how I'm feeling. I'd rested on Sunday and Monday in a bid to shift the cough, but then have been back in the gym yesterday and today.

Both times I've gone for a 5k on the treadmill but have obviously added more walking in again as I clearly want to shift this bug and not feel ill forever!

Helping me out last night my boyfriend made spicy prawn Thai noodle soup - something we've tried before when feeling under the weather (see first photo below). Touch wood cough wise it seems to have helped a bit.

Tonight after getting in from the gym I wanted something quick and easy so I've had quorn chicken style pieces in low fat honey and mustard sauce, with brown rice, pictured below.

One thing I've been pleased about is a change in attitude. Typically as soon as my throat starts to get sore I'd be rushing to the supermarket to grab the nearest tub of Ben & Jerrys! Not this time, I'm staying on the healthy options.

Fingers crossed I'll be able to achieve 5, maybe 6 days of exercise this week. Work is super busy right now so I'm hoping to not feel unwell much longer and in fact am finding exercise helps to clear my mind and relax after a hard day. How long this will last who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment