Sunday 18 November 2012

Day Seven Sunday: first hurdle

At the moment I am lying in bed with a cup of tea and my Kindle next to me and a frown on my face.

Last night I had my Auntie over for dinner and a catch up, we had a lovely time. I was pleased as I consumed no alcohol and we ate a healthy meal which still tasted great:

Grilled chicken breast with vegetables and mash and a low fat honey and mustard sauce for main course
Followed by meringue nests filled with low fat chocolate yoghurt and topped with raspberries and strawberries.

It was yummy.

However as the night went on my tickly cough started to return and in turn my voice started to disappear. I went off to bed hoping all would be fine in the morning.

As you've no doubt worked out by now, it wasn't. I've been coughing all night and I can still hardly get more than a few croaky words out. My boyfriend has instructed me to rest up and skip the gym today (hence being in bed so late).

Great a lovely long Sunday lie in.

Me being me though I'm not revelling in an excuse to relax, I've got the hump.

I was really looking forward to going to the gym today and seeing if I could beat my 5k time again and moreso to achieve going to the gym every day this week, seven days in a row.

Also worrying me is I have clients in for training tomorrow morning so I need to be able to talk and hopefully run a session without coughing all over the place.

I know I should be pleased with doing well so far and sticking to eating healthily this week and exercising for six of the seven days. Of course I can eat healthily today too so not all is lost.

Right now though I'm going to lay here sulking and coughing and having the hump. Sorry!

On a more positive note check out these pics of last night's desserts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment