Tuesday 19 June 2012

Bookworm: Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

So four days ago I downloaded this book onto my Kindle. I'd seen so many Facebook statuses about this naughty novel and heard all the hype that I gave in and decided to give it a go.

Now, in less than three days I've finished this tale of an attractive, dominant, successful young CEO and a naive, virginal, young graduate.

The first thing I did on finishing? I've downloaded the further two books in the series!

This book was so addictive I could not put it down. No not because of its amazing plot and impeccable writing. You just literally can't get enough of it.

All in all this book is pure filth. Those of a sensitive nature or who would admit to being a tad prudish, don't bother, you'll hate it.

But otherwise ladies get yourself a copy of this NOW!

Complete and utter escapism, this story keeps you gripped and fascinated by whatever the delectable Mr Grey will do next.

A fictional character, this man has major sex appeal and I would imagine every girl in her head has her own idea of her Mr Grey (put it this way I doubt it's a redhead as James suggests).

What will happen in the next two I really have no idea. I was shocked to finish the first one and found I felt sad. One I was sad I had finished the experience and two because it didn't end as I'd expected. Well technically it doesn't really 'end' as it's simply just the end of part one.

Good bits
Pure escapism
Certainly makes the commute a lot more exciting!
People have suggested loaning it to your man once you've read it for tips...
Good book if you've not read any type of erotic fiction before (I too was an erotica virgin!)

Bad bits
There isn't really a proper plot as such
Some of the lines are a tad cheesy
If you don't feel comfortable with more adventurous sex you'll probably just see Grey as a freak/monster
You may find you need to hide your page from fellow commuters

I recommend downloading it to an e-reader and be prepared to lose a couple of evenings/lunchbreaks to it.

I would stop to tell you more, but I don't want to spoil your experience, let Mr Grey teach you... Plus I'm off to go get started on the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment