Tuesday 4 February 2014

Horny and hammered holidaymakers: the new reality?

There is no end of programs on TV now showing young Brits on holiday abroad and drinking themselves silly. 

Tonight BBC Three has Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents. 

There really is no end to the junk I'll watch on TV I know!

However, every time I see these shows showing young people on holiday I think back to the times I went away when young.

I'll probably sound a prude and you may not believe me, but I find these programs pretty shocking.

Whether it's Spain, Greece or Croatia, they all seem to be the same. Male or female they all just get drunk to the point of passing out and seem to have no thought whatsoever of any sense of morals or dignity.

Watching this latest series, the focus is on Thailand. That makes me even sadder. Obviously people know all about the Full Moon parties out there, but to me my memories of Thailand are of my 30th and the beauty and amazing people we encountered. 

Seeing people having sex all over the place and throw rubbish on the beautiful beaches makes me so sad.

I did the whole teenage holiday experience when young - Kavos, Magaluf, Zante and more. Admittedly I was always in a relationship but I still wanted to drink and have fun.

But when did first holidays or your first trip with friends be about giving someone oral sex on board a party boat or having full blown sex in a bar?

Obviously times change, but it makes me feel ill just how different times are. 

People used to sleep around on these types of holidays and we're well aware of the games on 18-30s where you had to act out sex positions.

Yet those people didn't go out and have full blown sex as part of it. 

My fiancé says these programs are just showing kids playing up to the cameras and it's not that bad. Can you imagine seeing your child on one of these shows? How proud you must be! 

Although I have no sympathy for those who spy on their loved ones on their first holiday away from home. Especially those naive sets who still seem to think their child is a baby or are living in the 1900s!

Nowadays holidays away from home seem to be all about how much sex you can have in front of other people and getting so drunk you get seriously injured.

Where's the fun in that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment