Tuesday 20 March 2012

Light(er) at the end of the tunnel

Well we're now on week 12 of our healthy eating and exercise plan and I have to say things have progressed very nicely. I am 1 stone and 2lbs down weight wise and my man is a whopping 1 stone and 13lbs lighter!

So far so good.

Those of you who've followed the blog for a while will also know at the same time as trying to get in shape my partner has been trying to get back into work after losing his job 6 months ago.

Well finally there is some light at the end of the tunnel! He is currently weighing up all the options on not one, but TWO job offers and both are doing what he loves - helping people with their health. I couldn't be happier for him or prouder.

As if keeping fit and looking for work wasn't enough he's also in training for TWO marathons this year and being the person he is they are just a week apart! The Brighton Marathon on Sunday 15th April and the London Marathon on Sunday 22nd April. Amazing (or mad, you pick!)

Rather than seeing the person I love shrivel up and mope this year due to the situation he's in, I've instead witnessed him become more determined, focussed, ambitious, get healthier and fitter and generally become more positive and proactive in life.

A key factor in this does seem to be the healthy eating and exercise, it seems mad to me that changing your diet and getting up and doing something more often can have such a big impact but it really truly does. Obviously there has been lots of support along the way but I honestly feel the exercise and diet change has been the biggest factor in keeping him on track.

We've also got a little competitive between the two of us and are currently on a bet - if I lose two stone by the middle of May I have to buy him a PS3 game (men! Do they ever grow up?!) If I don't manage to make that weightloss then he has to sponsor a monkey for me (random I know but I love chimpanzees and it'd be so cool to have one you could - sort of - call your own!)

We both seem to have now found a way to incorporate exercise easily into our weekly routines too, today he's off to the gym and then watching football at his brother's after a healthy dinner at mine. I on the other hand will be doing my workout DVD after work and tucking into a healthy dinner whilst watching trashy TV - perfect!

So as the sun shines brightly in the sky today things are finally brightening up for me and my man it seems - healthier, slimmer, happier and slowly getting back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment