Wednesday 8 February 2012

I had a dream

Last night I had a dream. Well I say a dream, more like a nightmare. It's very odd, whenever I'm not feeling that well I seem to have scary or disturbing thoughts in my sleep.

Yesterday was no exception. I went to bed wrapped up in my duvet, feeling sorry for myself and wheezing away. Very attractive!

However I woke up in the early hours of this morning in a sweat and feeling like I'd been punched in the stomach.

This latest nightmare - following the likes of family deaths, disasters, robberies and kidnappings - involved my boyfriend.

Picture this, being at a birthday party in a house which quite frankly is a lot better than your home, with a whole host of interestingly new and very close friends. You're all there to celebrate your birthday and life is great.

Then smack BANG change to images of you discovering a new entry in your partner's phone and confronting a very close friend of yours about it. He clearly doesn't care or think it's a big deal when he tells you this is simply the number of somebody your partner met on a holiday you weren't involved in.

He then adds in a very blasé way that oh yes your partner has also been hiring a prostitute on a regular basis.

Now when you stop giggling at my mental dreams and random thoughts when I sleep, just think about how it feels when you have one of those dreams where it feels so so real.

I literally woke up devastated and on the verge of tears. I sleepily called out to my boyfriend to cuddle me and for one stupid split second considered was this dream some sort of message or hint towards real life.

Why on earth does this keep happening though? What is it that causes me to have disturbing dreams when I'm under the weather? Does anyone else have this happen to them?

One things for sure this bad dream which had me frowning earlier has had me smiling ever since. Giggling with a colleague when telling my tale and then this evening laughing non stop with my boyfriend at the whole idea of it all.

Who knows maybe these nasty nightmares are there as a message. A message to remind me how lucky I am and not to forget to appreciate those loved ones around me. Either that or I'm going round the twist and need to lay off the lemsip...

No comments:

Post a Comment