Wednesday 15 June 2011

Taking a chance

Those people who know me well will know I am not one to make decisions lightly and do something a bit out there. That's why today has been a bit of a shock for me and my sensible self - I've handed in my notice for my job, the job I've had for nearly 7 and a half years, the job that was my first proper career after I graduated...To add salt to the wound, I've gone without another job to go to. 


ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Some scary stuff, I'm sure you'll agree.


But what has caused me to jump ship? A number of reasons actually ranging from being treated like something on the bottom of someone's shoe on a regular basis, finding myself one of many who dreads entering that hellhole every day and realising that hang on a minute I'm actually still quite young and value my life and don't want to shorten it by getting stressed caused by ungrateful scum. Okay, I've got that off my chest, feels good, sorry about that...


So, what lies in store for me? Am I as promising a candidate as some companies/agencies would have had me believe so far or am I being a complete muppet and throwing my life away? One things for sure after the reaction I got today I am fairly sure it is the right decision to take and I've realised who my true friends are once admitting the truth to people today about how I've really been feeling and what I was planning to do/had done.


Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment