Friday 24 January 2014

Bookworm is back

I was talking to someone about how I haven't blogged in ages and decided as I finished my latest read on my lunchbreak I'd use my train journey tonight to blog instead.

So hello!

And sorry (again!) for the silence. 

My 2013 ended very happily (blog to follow!) and my 2014 is going to be rather hectic (to be continued) so I've been a bit tied up.

One thing I have had time for, on lunchbreaks, commuting and before going to sleep, is reading.

Yes I'm still an avid reader and so far this year I've completed four books.

Using one of my Christmas presents I downloaded quite a few books to my Kindle which I've had my eye on. So far this year my literary experience has been shaped by others though.

Three books from my Mum (yes I know how this always turns out) and one from a work colleague.

Two were typical chick lit trash easy reads. One was randomly a historical Jamaican fable from the 20s and the other a dark and serious award winning novel.

The Hidden Cottage
Disgraced
The White Witch of Rosehall
Vivien's Heavenly Ice Cream Shop

What a mix indeed.

And I'm sure you can tell what category each of them fits into by their title! 

I gave my Mum a Kindle as her main Christmas present so there'll be no more physical book swapping in the future anymore.

Though I'm sure there will be a couple she got as other festive gifts which will be heading my way at some point soon - not that I'm complaining.

I've enjoyed all four of my 2014 reads so far, each in their own way have offered me escape from reality (not that I want to escape real life right now at all!) 

Last year I managed to read a total of 35 books according to GoodReads, but to be fair I am pretty religious using the site/app so it's probably pretty accurate. Seems so few for someone who enjoys reading so much though?

I'm not sure what the next book will be but it'll definitely be of the e-read variety. I've not used my Kindle in so long I'm sure it'll take me a while to get used to it again, though I shan't miss the pain of lugging a big book and holding it/turning the pages admittedly.

Every time I read a book I had been blogging a review on here, but I grew conscious the blog was going too far in that direction and potentially I was boring people. If I do still have any loyal followers do let me know what you think!

Or in fact any other ideas for posts you'd like to see. Chances are using my current life and influences you'll be soon be seeing views and experiences on engagements, houses, weddings and the like. Don't say you weren't warned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment