Tuesday 28 January 2014

Back to basics

Ahhhh it feels so so good to do some exercise. 

After recently injurjng my back I've been a little fed up, wanting to exercise and get active but nervous and mindful of doing any further harm to my back. After all I still don't 100% know what caused the problem and I've never suffered from back issues before.

I realise I'm a tad late to the party here. January is all about New Year's Resolutions and gyms across the country are jam packed at the start of the year.

However, this time around I've been slow to stick to a diet and have found myself finding it increasingly hard to get motivated and back on track. I seem to keep getting ill (coughs, colds, injections) and hurting my back made being able to exercise even harder! 

Recently I was asked my opinion on the 30 Day Shred, as those of you who are avid readers of this blog and people who follow me on Twitter will know I've had a go at this workout numerous times. You could say I got somewhat obsessed with it!

In fact the last time I fully completed the whole workout and did 10 days on each level I had some pretty impressive results. 

At present I feel somewhat hypocritical giving advice on it given I've been eating like a pig and moving at the rate of a sloth.

So when I'm feeling sluggish, am not sure of my current fitness levels and am wanting to dip my toe into the pool of exercise where else would I turn? 

Back to good old Jillian of course.

I'm still to properly give my other Ms Michaels' purchases a go, but I find 'the shred' always a good starting point.

Therefore this evening I walked part the way home from the station (10 minutes so nothing too strenuous!) and decided enough of the excuses tonight I'd try and climb back on the fitness wagon.

I have to say I really enjoyed it. I can feel how unfit I am (and extremely stiff from lack of movement of late), but it wasn't that hard and it just felt so good to be moving!

Whether I'll follow the full 30 day in a row plan across the three levels we shall see. I doubt I'll be able to complete the workout on Friday for instance and also I'm keen to try and get back into some old good habits - running, spinning and maybe even swimming if I can drag my fiancé there! 

Alike my attempts to get started on decluttering my flat ready for valuation, I feel slowly but surely, a little bit at a time is the right approach to take for now. 

I've really been feeling down about my weight having creeped back up and my fitness dropping down. I don't like my clothes feeling tight and feeling self conscious of my appearance again so enough is enough I am going to try and battle the bulge by going back to basics. 

Jillian bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment