Thursday 30 January 2014

Going out or staying in?

I've been trying to arrange a girls night with some friends as I realised it's been a while since we all got together. 

Sitting here tonight realising I'm at home chilling again after doing my workout DVD, a realisation has hit me.

I can't remember the last time I had a big night out.

I've always loved going for a night out, getting dressed up, having a good drink and dancing away.

In all honesty I can't remember the last time I had one of those nights.

More recently evenings 'out' tend to involve nights round people's houses, or in my flat, catching up and enjoying food or drink indoors.

When we do go out with friends it's typically for a meal and a few drinks. Not heavy nights.

If me and my man go out again it tends to be to eat out or go watch a film.

Now I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but it's only registered with me today that I used to go on nights 'out out' with friends and also heavy drinking sessions with work. Both of which seem to have really been lacking over the last few months.

But do you know what? I really don't mind. Maybe it is because my head is focused on selling the flat and buying a house. Or maybe I'm just finally growing up and at 31 my priorities are changing? 

Tomorrow night I'm off to the theatre with my Mum to see a play as a friend at work couldn't go as planned so sold me her 2 tickets.

No it's not clubbing, it's not 'getting hammered' and I'm not getting super dressed up as I'll be going straight from work. But I'm really looking forward to it.

I really enjoy the theatre and last year realised I like plays, not just musicals. 

Maybe it's not a case of growing up, maybe it's just a change in tastes and interests? 

Once I finally go on that girls night I'll let you know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment