Sunday 30 November 2014

Shopping shenanigans

Unless you've been hidden under a rock the last few days, you'll have witnessed the ridiculous craziness that was the UK fully embracing Black Friday.

Typically Black Friday has been the kick off to Christmas shopping around Thanksgiving in the US where retailers offer big discounts.

This year the UK has really gone for it. As well as online sites offering shoppers deals, people could this time go visit shops in person. 

Wow.

People went insane, there were so many videos of people pulling things off shelves, fighting, barging each other to get to the deal first.

Absolute carnage, it looked like we were in the middle of a world disaster and people would never be able to get these items ever again!

Even the websites were crashing/creating queues for visitors due to the super high demand. 

I love a bargain, but even I'd rather miss out than face such a nightmare! 

However, this weekend I actually did need to hit the shops. 

Thankfully, I didn't have to venture into the Black Friday hellhole as I was at work. And after work I was busy enjoying cocktails thank you very much.

Yesterday and today I needed to visit the high street and stock up on various homeware. There was no way out of it.

Now, lying on my sofa exhausted, I'm pleased with myself as I managed to get many items. With only a few weeks until Christmas you can imagine how busy the shops were.

I've been stressing out how behind I am with festive preps. Everything has been about getting the house stocked with items so we can entertain guests (and in particular I can host Christmas Day in our new home). 

Today I finally completed my checklist of items needed (well, for now). AND I've made a tiny bit of progress on Christmas shopping. Hooray! 

I've bought all my cards (yes alright smug people who got yours in September and have already got them piled up to post). There are even a few Christmas presents purchased. 

As always my inner control freak,that has been causing me non stop panic the last few weeks, is finally feeling a tad more settled after this weekend.

I probably cant say the same when it comes to my credit card and bank balance! 

Here's hoping our deliveries go to plan over the next week and maybe just maybe I'll be able to relax on my days off! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment