Monday 13 May 2013

A new challenge

So I'm at the lowest weight I've been for many years (and I'm now over 3 stones lighter and 2-3 dress sizes smaller than I was when I first started addressing my weight a few years back). 

I feel like I'm on a good wavelength now and am well into the habit of eating healthily and regularly exercising. 

However, we all know personal trainers and the like always say you need to shock your body and not keep doing the same thing.

Plus I really want to break the next fitness/weight barrier, something which feels like it's at a bit of a standstill right now.

I often do my workout DVD or boxercise at home to change things about a bit and stop my body getting comfortable with the same old routines. 

Over the last few weeks I've seen a few images on Pinterest, status updates on Facebook and tweets on Twitter. What are they talking about? 

The 30 Day Squat Challenge. 

This latest fitness fad assures us ladies if we stick to it for 30 days (with rests every 4 days) then we'll get more toned quads and glutes (aka thighs and bum). 

I'm not one to follow the latest new craze to be honest, in fact I've never been a person to follow what everyone else is doing. I wouldn't follow the Atkins diet or some fad about eating non stop vegetables and nothing else. 

Yet this doesn't seem quite like that, after all it's pretty common knowledge that squats are good for you.

So I think I'm going to give it a go. Think I'm mad and being drawn in to what's trending? Or should I try to follow this plan to give my body a bit of a shock? 

I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment