Thursday 21 July 2011

Melican says Relax!

I can’t believe I haven’t blogged since Monday...not good. In my defence the laptop I’ve been using at home hasn’t been working and so I haven’t really had any way in which to update my huge following  - of probably around 10 people tops - so don’t know why I’m too worried!!

So what have I been doing since leaving work? It’s been a mixture of ups and downs to be honest with you...

Realising how much weight I’ve put on since being stressed and unhappy at previous job – not good.
Being sent over interview opportunities for loads of cool sounding and well-paid jobs which I have placed in a ‘job stuff’ folder in my email and chosen to ignore seeing as I have a job ready and waiting.
Day and a half long hangover after drunken antics at my leaving do – horrendous.
Starting to eat healthily again and get back in the gym – good.
Not consuming alcohol for the last 5 days – impressive.
Celebrated boyfriend’s Dad’s birthday with a yummy Chinese – nice.
Belated birthday and Father’s Day celebrations with for my Dad (they were off gallivanting in Canada and USA), including gorgeous Thai meal out – very nice.
Friend’s 60s fancy dress party planned for Saturday – cool.
Sunday – meal and cinema planned with close friends – fab. Oh no wait, boyfriend’s hours been changed last minute yet again so now mucked up! (Oh hang on actually sounds like boyfriend just didn’t check rota properly, now why am I not surprised...)
Friday next week our mini break away with same close friends for 4 days – can’t wait.
Going to finally see Bridesmaids film and hopefully Horrible Bosses film – fun – although Colin Farrell’s getup in the latter is disturbing me already...
Start new job in 12 days time – scary!! And kinda exciting too.
Thursday next week – spa day – woohoo!!

I’ve ended on the spa day as I am tres excited about this little adventure and I love spas! It’s weird I am very anxious about personal space in a lot of situations, but when it comes to having my hair done, being massaged, getting a facial, having my feet treated in a pedicure I am in heaven. I find it so relaxing!

I only started going to spas a few years back when wives/girlfriends of my boyfriend’s mates suggested it and since then I have been hooked. I’d say I only go about twice a year to a spa on a spa day – usually special offers! However I thoroughly enjoy the whole strolling around in a robe all day and being pampered. Who wouldn’t?

Well, my Mum actually, when we first went she was super nervous about it all – but after enjoying the treatments, gym, swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, two-course lunch included and a bit of vino she loved it! I’ve even managed to drag my man along on occasion!

I’m a little miffed I’ll admit that this particular spa day limits you to what time you arrive and leave – we’ve gone for 11 ‘til 5 in case you’re interested (no why would you be). During that time we can use all the facilities which look so luxurious and we also get a two course lunch and a 25 minute facial AND a 25 minute back massage. Ooh I can’t wait!!

Also in the teeny tiny small print it does say you can’t plan the times of your treatments until you get there, which again kind of goes against the whole relaxing element of the day in my mind, but we’ll give it a go. It’s won loads of awards so I’m interested to see if it beats my usual spa of choice. I’ve got £50 off thanks to a voucher from my old company as part of my leaving do, so I can’t really complain. I’ll keep you posted how it goes!

1 comment: