Wednesday 26 February 2020

Your body says no



As I sit here with a fuzzy head croaky voice and achey body, currently taking a few various medications to get me back on track I’m almost laughing at myself.

I’ve written a few blogs about making time for me and putting myself first. 

Well my body has finally turned round the last few days and fought back. It’s had enough. I’m not looking after myself properly. So now it’s showing me.

On Monday I felt so unwell, I don’t remember feeling so ill in a long long time.

Today I’ve finally left the house properly and popped to the local shops, done the preschool run and basically got a bit of fresh air. I still don’t feel great, but I feel good to be out.

The last couple of days I’ve had time in bed to just lay and relax and rest. I’ve clearly needed it. 

I’m not sure how interesting this post is or really why I’m writing it. I guess maybe as a reminder for me when I start making all those excuses why NOT to go do something for me in the future. 

This post can remind me that eventually my body and mind will fight back so why not be kind to it before it gets that far? 

As someone who’s a nightmare for making me time I know it’s going to be a slow change, but once I think I might finally listen.

For one, being a Mum of three aged 3 and under isn’t a walk in the park at the best of times and it sure as hell is no fun when you’re ill! 

No comments:

Post a Comment