Sunday 11 May 2014

Busy Bookworm

I last blogged about my reading antics in January. I'd read 4 books.

Now we're in May and I'm onto my 17th read.

Surely I don't need to say it, but I love reading. I find it's truly one of the things that can really relax me.

Whether reading before I go to sleep to unwind and make me sleepy, on a break from work or on the commute to make me switch off. 

I've read a mixture of books over the last few months - some I downloaded on my Kindle, those I'd been recommended by others and also books leant to me. 

I may start blogging after each read again, we shall see. 

For now here's a very quick summary:

The Hidden Cottage by Erica James

Disgrace by J.M. Coetzee

The White Witch of Rosehall by Herbert G. De Lisser

Vivien's Heacenly Ice Cream Shop by Abby Clements 

And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini

Doctor Sleep by Stephen King

My James: The Heartrending Story of James Bulger by His Father by Ralph Bulger, Rosie Dunn

Shopping, Seduction and Mr Selfridge by Lindy Woodhead

12 Years A Slave by Solomon Northup

The Never List by Koethi Zan

The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes

Apple Tree Yard by Louise Doughty

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Longbourn by Jo Baker 

Cold Killing by Luke Delaney

Don't Let Me Go by Susan Lewis

14 were fiction 
2 were non fiction

I'm now on to book number 17 The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling, which I've heard very mixed reviews about. 

Any recommendations of new reads I should try let me know! 


No comments:

Post a Comment