Saturday 22 June 2013

Bookworm: Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult


Reading this book was like going back to Jodi Picoult's old style writing (not like the new The Storyteller). But going back to her good work.

Rather than finding the style repetitive, as I started to with other more recent pieces by this author, I found the familiarity comforting. 

Those of you who've read fiction by this American writer before will know how she often tells a story within a story and likes to feature hard decisions and moral dilemmas often centred around some form of court case.

Yes this book does that again, but I really enjoyed it.

In fact on finishing the book today I was left feeling rather emotional, it's a touching read and does offer twists and turns and is not as predictable as you'd expect. 

Centred on Luke Warren - a man who has spent his life living with and understanding wolves with a difference. The book tells of a family's struggle to come together and make some tough decisions . 

You will find it hard not to love and at other times hate brother and sister Edward and Cara. Or feel sympathy for Mum Georgie. 

Good points
Good twists
Moving storyline
The side story I found interesting 
You want to keep reading
Strong characters 

Not so great
Yes it is the same predictable style this author always uses
Some may find parts cheesy

Overall I'd recommend this read and have to say this was a positive book loan from my Mum this time round! 



1 comment:

  1. This is only the second book I have read by this author. I really liked the first one.

    And this one was just as interesting - makes you think about the choices we make in all of our relationships.

    ReplyDelete